osmo-bts-trx init problem

Vadim Yanitskiy axilirator at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 23:20:13 UTC 2017

Hi Sandi,

> here are the log output from my transceiver :
> https://pastebin.com/8Y1qXWh8

According to the attached log, you don't have any clock indications...

> sudo ./transceiver -a 51 -r 99
> <0011> trx.c:365 Setting C0 ARFCN to 51 (GSM900)

Please read the wiki carefully! You are doing wrong.
What are you expecting here? Please refer:

http://osmocom.org/projects/baseband/wiki/CalypsoBTS#Clock-source

http://osmocom.org/projects/baseband/wiki/CalypsoBTS#OsmoNITB-configuration

> Channel configuration
>
> Set a proper ARFCN for running BTS (don't confuse with
> a clock source). Also, set a corresponding band name.

The AFRCN value, passed to the OsmocomBB transceiver, is a
channel of the clock reference cell. The AFRCN value specified
in the OsmoNiTB configuration is a C0 channel of the BTS you
are going to run. Don't confuse them please.

> I also tried with openbts, and the transceiver was terminated
> after I start ./transceiver -a 51 -r 99.

Again, read the wiki:

http://osmocom.org/projects/baseband/wiki/CalypsoBTS#CalypsoBTS-with-OpenBTS

> Run the TRX firmware on the phone as described above. No need to
> start transceiver, OpenBTS will run it automatically.

> The BTS work with Sylvain/testing now,
> but not with jolly/testing branch.

I just tested the latest versions of OsmoNiTB & OsmoBTS.
Everything works as expected.

With best regards,
Vadim Yanitskiy.