build failures

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Sun Nov 12 21:13:44 UTC 2017

On Sat, Nov 11, 2017 at 10:35:29AM +0900, Harald Welte wrote:
> Would be useful for you to state what kind of build failures reported by
> whom/what.  There are gerrit build failurs, osmocom:nightly build failures,
> osmocom:latest, ...

I'm losing track, all sorts of them, and the amount is such that I have no idea
whether they are anticipated / already looked at by someone actively making
changes. For the last two weeks my decision was to not spend time there.

> The only long-running OBS build failure that we're seeing is the one
> related to libosmocore failing "make check" on some OBS buildhosts, but
> by far not on all of them, due to some CPU flags.  It's really sad that
> this has been going on for months without anyone apparenty trying to
> properly investigate it (cat /proc/cpuinfo as part of make check) or
> reproducing this in qemu which can selectively disable any cpu flag.

I would appreciate if those people familiar with the CPU features related code
would look at it; I would have to start learning about it and the convolutional
coding stuff (?) first...

~N