build failures

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sat Nov 11 01:35:29 UTC 2017

Hi Neels,

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 04:02:10PM +0100, Neels Hofmeyr wrote:
> I am receiving a lot of build failure mails every day for quite a while now ...

Would be useful for you to state what kind of build failures reported by
whom/what.  There are gerrit build failurs, osmocom:nightly build failures,
osmocom:latest, ...

> not finding any time to look at them, I hope you guys are onto those?

I have the feeling this is mostly me at the moment, and I am not entirely
happy with the fact that sometimes it appears to me that I have to pick
up whatever other people are not looking into.  But then, the last week
I've been 9 hours ahead of European time zone, so for "nightly" builds I
had the "pleasure" of noticing them much sooner than others.

The only long-running OBS build failure that we're seeing is the one
related to libosmocore failing "make check" on some OBS buildhosts, but
by far not on all of them, due to some CPU flags.  It's really sad that
this has been going on for months without anyone apparenty trying to
properly investigate it (cat /proc/cpuinfo as part of make check) or
reproducing this in qemu which can selectively disable any cpu flag.