how to use the CTRL interface to set TRAPs.

emily mcmilin emily.mcmilin at gmail.com
Fri May 26 17:13:07 UTC 2017

Hi Max,

> Could it be the case that you're running NITB instead of OsmoBSC? Please provide all
> the commands you're using to start everything (not only python scripts). Also, please
> make sure that no osmo* is started automatically by .service or .sh scripts.

I am running osmo-nitb, and it my preference to continue to do so.
Will that be a problem?

> The trigger for TRAP is not GET request - those are orthogonal. The event which
> causes the TRAP to be generated is the (dis)connection of BTS from/to BSC.
> * the config files for BSC and BTS should match (same unit-id etc)

I have confidence that there is proper communication between my BTS
and BSC, because when I SET arfcn (as in the example below) and then
powerup/down my SysmoBTS, the arfcn does properly update (as verified
on a sig analyzer).

$ python ~/openbsc/openbsc/contrib/bsc_control.py -s bts.0.trx.0.arfcn
148 -d localhost -p 4249

However, issuing the command to TRAP oml connection state (example
below), traps no message when I powerup/down the SysmoBTS:

$ python ~/openbsc/openbsc/contrib/bsc_control.py -m
bts.0.oml-connection-state -d localhost -p 4249

Would you expect a TRAP command to captured in the immediately above example?

Thanks,
Emily