m3ua and sua testing as part of jenkins?

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed May 17 13:59:02 UTC 2017

Hi Andre,

thanks for looking into this!

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 11:47:55AM +0200, André Boddenberg wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've tried to run the tests on my machine, but didn't succeed and need
> some help to do so.
>
> >> The resulting scripts are in libosmo-sccp/contrib/test:
> >> "run-in-ns.sh" is a simple wrapper around unshare,
> >> so you have to call something like
> >>        ./run-in-ns.sh ./test-m3ua.sh
>
> I could not find mentioned script in current master branch
> (872c6b2a8e309ca6739ef295f1fc468c189e4ec9) [1].

thanks for pointing this out. I forgot to submit
https://gerrit.osmocom.org/#/c/2611/ - which has just been done.
> >>  no installation of this require.
>
> I could not find {m3ua,su}-testtool on git.osmocom.org [2][3],

they are not yet listed on the index, but you should be able to clone
them via git://git.osmocom.org/nplab/m3ua-testtool and
git://git.osmocom.org/nplab/sua-testtool already.  I just tried, works
for me [tm].

> so I cloned them from https://github.com/nplab/. Is this correct?

no, this is not correct, sorry.

> I will try to create such testlog_2_xml_report script to visualise
> osmocom testlog and will let you know about my try.

ok. For the m3ua/sua testtool, the 'runm3uatest' program already
contains some custom colorized output, you might simply be able to patch
that to generate something useful to jenkins?