m3ua and sua testing as part of jenkins?

André Boddenberg dr.blobb at gmail.com
Wed May 17 09:47:55 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I've tried to run the tests on my machine, but didn't succeed and need
some help to do so.

>> The resulting scripts are in libosmo-sccp/contrib/test:
>> "run-in-ns.sh" is a simple wrapper around unshare,
>> so you have to call something like
>>        ./run-in-ns.sh ./test-m3ua.sh

I could not find mentioned script in current master branch
(872c6b2a8e309ca6739ef295f1fc468c189e4ec9) [1].

>> clone + build m3ua-testtool and sua-testtool from git.osmocom.org,
>>  no installation of this require.

I could not find {m3ua,su}-testtool on git.osmocom.org [2][3], so I
cloned them from https://github.com/nplab/. Is this correct?

>> One further idea is if it make sense to report the test reuslts in a
>> more friendly way.  Right now it's deailed osmo-stp logs interspersed
>> with output from the tester.  Mayb there's some more information we can
>> feed back into jenkins?  Again, I have very little understanding of
>> jenkins.

Once I had to visual PowerShell unit tests in Jenkins and back then we
converted the output/testlog to a JUnit XML report as these reports
are beautiful visualised. Moreover those reports would introduce the
third build status "UNSTABLE" in case of a failed test.

I will try to create such testlog_2_xml_report script to visualise
osmocom testlog and will let you know about my try.

Regards,
  André

[1] http://git.osmocom.org/libosmo-sccp/tree/contrib?id=872c6b2a8e309ca6739ef295f1fc468c189e4ec9
[2] http://git.osmocom.org/?q=sua-testtool