Welcome Message Upon first Connect / Trigger to External Server for LUR

Ron ron.menez at entropysolution.com
Tue May 16 01:51:58 UTC 2017

Thanks for the info Holger.

We’ll try to explore the second option.

Best Regard,

Ron Menez
ron.menez at entropysolution.com<mailto:ron.menez at entropysolution.com>

On May 15, 2017, at 6:01 PM, Holger Freyther <holger at freyther.de<mailto:holger at freyther.de>> wrote:

On 15. May 2017, at 17:35, Ron <ron.menez at entropysolution.com<mailto:ron.menez at entropysolution.com>> wrote:

Hi All,

Is there the an equivalent configuration from OpenBTS’ Control.LUR.!OpenRegistration.Message in OSMO? This is the welcome SMS to the devices when they attached to an open registration network.

What we are trying to do is replicate most of the features from OpenBTS and migrate it to OSMO.

Another feature we are looking for is a trigger to an external server for every LUR of devices.

One option is SMPP. An ALERT_NOTIFICATION will be sent on attach and detach to all ESMES. Depending on ESME config this can be done by IMSI or MSISDN. If you are quick enough with the SMPP call you might even use the same radio channel.

A second option: You could ship your own "HLR" (either based on the C HLR or the OpenCellular python implementation). Then you will be notified for UpdateLocation and can schedule your SMS.

holger