Welcome Message Upon first Connect / Trigger to External Server for LUR

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Mon May 15 11:07:49 UTC 2017

Hi Ron,

On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 09:35:35AM +0000, Ron wrote:
> Is there the an equivalent configuration from OpenBTS’
> Control.LUR.!OpenRegistration.Message in OSMO? This is the welcome SMS
> to the devices when they attached to an open registration network.

This doesn't exist, sorry.

We highly discourate the use of an open network.  It's highly insecure
and will likely interfere with users of other cellular networks in the
vicinity.

> Another feature we are looking for is a trigger to an external server
> for every LUR of devices.

We once again do this on the SMPP interface.  The idea is that an
external SMSC / ESME can then send any pending SMS based on the location
update trigger.

You can use that to send your welcome SMS, too.  You'd have to keep some
kind of history/cache of all IMSIs that you've already seen to prevent
re-sending the welcome SMS on every LU.