Question about multiplexed GSM signal

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Thu May 11 18:26:55 UTC 2017

Hi,

> Yes, exactly: just a test file. I am still studying the GSM PHY and I
> suspect if I simply position the ARFCNs in different frequencies I
> will end up with an invalid GSM signal (that is, it will not be properly
> decoded by the Keysight VSA equipment that I have to interface to).

It should work fine. A GSM broadcast channel doesn't include its own
frequency, so you can just take it and position it anywhere (as long
as it's on an actual possible frequency).

In gr-osmosdr the siggen application even has a small hardcoded burst
sequence that's "good enough" for the E4406 VSA to lock onto.

Cheers,

   Sylvain