Documentation on how to use virtual Um between BTS + MS

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed Jul 19 16:08:44 UTC 2017

Hi!

Next to the announcement (http://osmocom.org/news/75) I've put together
some guide in the wiki as to how the Virtual Um interface can be used
with the osmo-bts-virtual, virtphy and mobile programs running all on
your local PC:
https://osmocom.org/projects/cellular-infrastructure/wiki/Virtual_Um

Feel free to try it out and/or improve the wiki page and/or let me know
if something is not sufficintly clear.  I intentionally don't want to
repeat general information about configuring OsmoNITB or using
OsmocomBB.  The above-mentioned page should only document those aspects
that are different from the classic setup with real hardware.

I'm now investigating some more of the bugs I'm starting to find with
using the VirtualUm interface from my related TTCN-3 testsuite, at this
time particularly https://osmocom.org/issues/2380

Will document that testsuite once it can actually run as expected.