legacy codecs / mixing rates and versions

Holger Freyther holger at freyther.de
Tue Jul 18 10:20:35 UTC 2017

> On 18. Jul 2017, at 12:05, Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org> wrote:

Hey!

> I completely understand that there is a point to having a policy that
> can be configured at the BSC to restrict its supported codecs for
> whatever local policy/configuration reason.  This makes complete sense.
>
> I however don't understand why we should enforce that this policy does
> not include both a restriction for which codecs to use on TCH/H and also
> which codecs to use on TCH/F.

It was just the easiest path forward. The customer that paid for the
development of the BSC didn't have a mixed TCH/H and TCH/F network, we
didn't have much tools to verify these things and it greatly reduced the
effort to test it (as I think all untested code is likely to be broken).

Looking at bssmap_handle_assignm_req we would support a mixed hr/fr list
right now.

holger