OpenBSC Random Access Channel: rach_bsic != bts_bsic

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed Jul 12 09:10:47 UTC 2017

Hi Vadim,

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 08:43:40AM +0700, Vadim Yanitskiy wrote:

> So, do we have any BSIC matching functionality implemented somewhere?
> If not, I could try to open an issue and implement it.

The BSIC matching must be implemented in the PHY layer, ie. the
non-common part of OsmoBTS. Only there do you have the raw bits of the
RACH burst in order to make that decision.  From L1SAP upwards you only
know the 8bit (11bit) "payload" and have no clue anymore about the C(0)
to C(5) bits generated by 05.03 Chapter 4.6.