log messages summary

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Sun Jan 8 17:09:35 UTC 2017

Hi Max,

you recently tend to have very general commit log summaries. The summary should
best contain a hint at the general area the patch is about, so a reader can
quickly know whether a patch could be related to a given other topic. I've
asked so on gerrit a few times, and now also found a couple of commits merged
IMHO with ETOOGENERAL, so I thought I'd drop a note:

osmo-bts:

osmo-pcu:

Would be nice to add an indicator to the summary in the future. A small word or
phrase in the beginning is enough, like 'rsl: frobnicate', or include a
function name or -prefix for code dup / moved code.

Thanks!

~N

--
- Neels Hofmeyr <nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de>          http://www.sysmocom.de/