Handover and load balancing on SysmoBTS 2050

Holger Freyther holger at freyther.de
Wed Feb 22 03:56:51 UTC 2017

> On 21 Feb 2017, at 00:50, Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Keith,

Hi!

> we have had hand-over between BTSs working back in 2009, it is for sure
> not a new feature at all.  This was working long before Abis/IP was
> implemented, and yes, it is also working with Abis/IP.  I don't know why
> Rhizomatica has it disabled.  Maybe you were seeing a particular bug or
> incompatibility at the time?

I don't remember the details but we had several issues with it:

* Crashing or no audio (e.g. only used at XC3)
* Delay increases by number of handovers

Since then we probably fixed the crash, I had removed the timestamp
adjustment code. I still need to study the 3gpp AoIP specification
but these days I wonder what should be done with the audio stream of
the new BTS and I think we should generate a new SSRC, seq and timestamp.

This should trigger the start of a new probation period as of
Annex A. But it is a theoretical question (or for E1->RTP systems)
right now.

holger