Getting started with Osmocom and LimeNet Mini ?

Andrew Frazer andrew.frazer at stellascapes.com
Tue Dec 19 22:24:54 UTC 2017

Indeed, this was and still is the plan.

>The revenue from those starter kits is a significant source of funding for sysmocom

>to pay an entire team of developers doing nothing else but workgin on the various cellular

>related Osmocom projects - from bug fixing to new features to documentation to general

>maintenance tasks.

I did’tn appreciate that there was a starter kit!  I’m not particaully stuck with a limeSDR, it was just I saw the video and thought, great that might solve my problem

Can you point me to the starter kit, and give me an idea about what they cost.    I’ve ordered a LimeSDR mini, but I’m sure it will come in handy for something else.

>However, we unfortunately still haven't been able to get around to build that 'snap'

>package for LimeSDR, sorry for that.  It still is on our agenda.

When its done, that will be awesome.

>So for sure, you can set up the

>entire Osmocom cellular stack yourself.

I might just have to do this, but I’ll probably end up asking a thousand questions.  In return I’ll provide a easy to follow build for the next guy who follows me!