not storing undesired MS

Keith keith at rhizomatica.org
Fri Dec 8 13:16:57 UTC 2017

On 08/12/2017 03:55, robert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to setup a BTS where only a few subscribers (about 10) are allowed to connect but I do not want any other IMSI/IMEI to be stored in the DB as I have noticed that when the number of subscribers in the database reaches a few thousands the network starts to crash more frequently.
Hi Robert,

First, I have many systems running with many 1000s of
subscribers in the database.
 I do not observe that the network starts to crash, not more
frequently,  not at all.
Maybe you might want to look elsewhere for the cause of your
woes.

You give very little information about your config, but I
believe subscriber-create-on-demand might be what you are
looking for.
You'll find it detailed in the manual:
http://ftp.osmocom.org/docs/latest/osmonitb-usermanual.pdf

I assume it does, but I'm not 100% sure if disabling
subscriber-create-on-demand will prevent the creation of
entries in the Equipment table,

>  Is there an option to prevent all undesired subscribers from being stored in the DB or should I modify the code.

You can always have a look in the code to verify about the
Equipment Table.