autoreconf: "header not found" in generated source

Vadim Yanitskiy axilirator at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 14:09:57 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I am currently working on https://gerrit.osmocom.org/#/c/2075/
The problem is that the conv.h should be shared between several
source code files, and it works fine for all of them, excepting
the gsm0503_test_vectors.c, which will be generated automatically
by the utils/conv_gen.py in the next commit.

The header is currently included this way:
  #include "conv.h"

And building in separate directory fails:
  CC       conv/gsm0503_test_vectors.o
conv/gsm0503_test_vectors.c:25:18: fatal error:
 conv.h: No such file or directory
 #include "conv.h"
                  ^
compilation terminated.

This is why I tried to move this header to the global include
directory. According to received feedback from Harald and
Sylvain, this approach isn't good and I need to find another one.

Any suggestions how to make the conv/gsm0503_test_vectors.c
able "to see" the conv.h header?

With best regards,
Vadim Yanitskiy.