openbsc 3G supoort with octasic phy

Snehasish Kar snehasish.cse at LIVE.COM
Mon Apr 24 05:16:57 UTC 2017

Hi,

As per the API provided by Octasic we can handle the RLC/MAC and RRC protocols. So can you please help me with setting up a roadmap in interfacing octasic phy with openbsc3G. Also if we are able to create the interface, do we require programmable sims for testing or it we can be done  with sims of any provider.

BR

Snehasish

________________________________
From: Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org>
Sent: Sunday, April 23, 2017 4:23:40 PM
To: Snehasish Kar
Cc: openbsc at lists.osmocom.org
Subject: Re: openbsc 3G supoort with octasic phy

Hi Snehasish,

On Sat, Apr 22, 2017 at 08:18:00PM +0000, Snehasish Kar wrote:
> I just wanted to know has anyone tried to use openbsc 3G with octasic 3G phy.

This will not work.  Osmocom has implemented the MSC, SGSN and HNB-GW
components and expects an Iuh interface.

Octasic provides a PHY interface.  So you're missing the RLC/MAC and RRC
protocol implementations in between, the RNC functionality and the
eNodeB-side Iuh implementation.  So basically a very large gap in
between.