Running osmo-trx and osmo-bts-trx Shows Errors

Ron ron.menez at entropysolution.com
Tue Apr 11 06:03:20 UTC 2017

Hi,

We just finished installing the following osmo elements using Ubuntu 14.04 and the procedures from this link:

https://osmocom.org/projects/cellular-infrastructure/wiki/Ettus_USRP_B2xx_family
https://osmocom.org/projects/cellular-infrastructure/wiki/Build_from_source

  *   libosmocore
  *   libosmo-abis
  *   libosmo-netif
  *   openggsn
  *   libosmo-sccp
  *   openbsc
  *   osmo-pcu
  *   osmo-trx
  *   osmo-bts

We are now trying to run each applications to test osmo. All applications were run smoothly except for osmo-trx and osmo-bts-trx.

We also installed the UHD driver of Ettus B2xx series using both “apt-get install” process and binary process as well using this link:
https://files.ettus.com/manual/page_install.html
https://files.ettus.com/manual/page_build_guide.html

But still, the same errors were received.

Errors received:
# osmo-trx
[INFO] [UHD] linux; GNU C++ version 4.8.4; Boost_105400; UHD_3.11.0.git-128-g379f922d
opening configuration table from path :memory:
Config Settings
   Log Level............... NOTICE
   Device args.............
   TRX Base Port........... 5700
   TRX Address............. 127.0.0.1
   Channels................ 1
   Tx Samples-per-Symbol... 4
   Rx Samples-per-Symbol... 1
   EDGE support............ Disabled
   Reference............... Internal
   C0 Filler Table......... Disabled
   Multi-Carrier........... Disabled
   Diversity............... Disabled
   Tuning offset........... 0
   RSSI to dBm offset...... 0
   Swap channels........... 0

osmo-trx: symbol lookup error: osmo-trx: undefined symbol: _ZN3uhd6device4findERKNS_13device_addr_tE

# osmo-bts-trx -c /etc/osmo-bts.cfg
((*))

 / \ OsmoBTS
There is no such command.
Error occurred during reading below line:
 fn-advance 20

Failed to parse the config file: '/etc/osmo-bts.cfg’

What seems to cause this errors?

What logs do we need to check?

Best Regards,

Ron Rylan B. Menez
Operations Manager
+63 998 989 7973
+63 2 893 1781

[cid:D7861C66-51ED-4DB6-B9ED-BADEB28148EC]

Singapore * Philippines
Products:
Gridloc*Intelle*Hype*Lighthouse*Telco Services*Software Development
This email (including any attachment to it) is confidential and intended only for the use of the individual named above and may contain information that is privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately by return email or telephone and destroy the original message (including any attachment to it). Thank you.