Query on run time control of network with VTY

Holger Freyther holger at freyther.de
Tue Sep 20 14:05:10 UTC 2016

> On 20 Sep 2016, at 12:35, Dhananjay kumar <dhananjay.cse at gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Dhananjay,

> While ruining  osmo-bts and osmo-trx via VTY we tried to change parameter like Band ,ARFCN MS max power.
>
> We observed that once ARFCN is changed on VTY TRX does not switch to new ARFCN.
> Same behavior has been observed with Band and MS-Max-Power and RF-Locked 0/1 parameter.
>
> Request someone who is running osmo-stack has controlled network ,please reply or any document/pointer is appreciated.

few VTY parameters are applied right-away. We have:

* Some parameters are applied on restart only (e.g. channel combination of a BTS)
* Some on new BTS connection (e.g. arfcn)
* Some on next MS connection

It would be nice if you could help us by first documenting when/which change is applied and maybe help on creating a concept for consistent handling. E.g. a lot of other equipment requires to bring a system into a "lock" state, do the modification, unlock (the time things will be applied).

holger