OsmoBTS -> libosmogsm code migration

Vadim Yanitskiy axilirator at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 03:43:58 UTC 2016

Dear all,

There is a problem, related to GSM 05.03 code migration.
Please, have a look:

https://gerrit.osmocom.org/#/c/841/1/src/gsm/Makefile.am

The problem is that the gsm0503_coding.c has some dependences
from libosmocodec, they are:

 - src/codec/gsm610.c
 - src/codec/gsm620.c
 - src/codec/gsm660.c

And I have some doubts how to link them properly. As we already
discussed with Neels, there are the following possible ways:

 - We can copy those files from ../codec/ during compilation,
   and remove them after make (dist)clean. This approach you
   can see implemented right now.

 - We can link the libosmocodec to the libgsmint or libosmogsm:
   > - libgsmint_la_LIBADD = ../libosmocore.la
   > + libgsmint_la_LIBADD = ../libosmocore.la ../codec/libosmocodec.la

 - Merge libosmocodec into libosmogsm.

Every mentioned approach has it's own disadvantages. Maybe there is
another way to solve the problem? Any opinions are welcome!

With best regards,
Vadim Yanitskiy.