move to gerrit

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Thu Oct 13 16:00:15 UTC 2016

On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 04:46:04PM +0200, Neels Hofmeyr wrote:
> opinions please: I would move patch submission for the following osmocom
> repositories to gerrit:
>
> osmo-gsm-manuals
> asn1c
> libasn1c
> osmo-python-tests
> osmo-trx (TT already agreed)

fine with me.

> Let me know if any other come to mind.

it doesn't make much difference as there is very litte to zero activity,
but I would suggest the following others:

openpcd
osmo-sim-auth
sim/hello-stk
sim/sim-tools
cellmgr-ng
libtelnet
mncc-python
osmocom-lcs

> Possibly *all* projects seen at git.osmocom.org?

The develoment communities of the various projects are quite disjunct.
We are a home to everyoune doing FOSS mobile communications related
software, and we don't prescribe what kind of tools the respective
projects use.  So I really don't think it is a good idea to keep
suggesting that they use a certain tool.  Those who do the respective
development work get to say how they do it.

for discussions regarding e.g. the rtl-sdr development, or various other
projects which are housed under the Osmocom umbrella.

We can take the decision for the projects in the cellular infrastructure
area which we maintain, and that includes the list you wrote above.

For anything else, I wouldn't even go as far as to suggest them to use
this.  It's up to the individual sub-projects and their maintainers to
determine what kind of tools they want to use (if any).