confused by libosmo-netif

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Mon Nov 28 12:32:36 UTC 2016

By random, I looked at an fd leak complained about by coverity in
osmo_stream_srv_fd_cb() and came up with https://gerrit.osmocom.org/1320

Now I wanted to at least run it once to make sure I didn't break anything, but
I'm unsure in figuring out how it is used.

There are two Iu related callers: osmo-iuh's hnbgw.c and libosmo-sccp's sua.c.

And I find libosmo-netif/src/channel/abis/ipa_stream_server.c, called in
libosmo-netif/src/channel.c by osmo_chan_init() and osmo_chan_create(). But it
seems no-one is ever calling these, except for examples in libosmo-netif.

Am I right to conclude that there's some 2G / Abis / ip.access related code in
libosmo-netif but we're not actually using it in openbsc, and that the only
"real" osmo_stream_srv_* callers are 3G/Iu related?

~N

--
- Neels Hofmeyr <nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de>          http://www.sysmocom.de/
* Alt-Moabit 93