MS cannot connect; Location Update Request not received by BTS?

Keith keith at rhizomatica.org
Thu Nov 10 16:52:16 UTC 2016

On 09/11/2016 17:08, Abdulghafar Shabaneh wrote:

> Hi
>
> I decided to quit with this USRP unless you have a help of which osmo-bts
> can be compatible and working with current osmo-nitb for USRPs. Can you
> suggest any help?
Hi!
This doesn't fix what Harald mentions, and I don't know if it may be of
some help, I hope so, so I will describe my setup.

I am keeping my NITB work separated the osmo-trx/bts box, even though it
really makes no difference as I am using static-builds of osmobts-trx
and osmo-trx, that I built with this: git://git.osmocom.org/osmo-bts.git
So, they are the versions that the submodules in that repo point to
there currently.

That, I believe, is for osmo-bts, this release: fairwaves/0.3.0-fw-4
<http://git.osmocom.org/osmo-bts/tag/?h=fairwaves/0.3.0-fw-4>
http://git.osmocom.org/osmo-bts/commit/?h=fairwaves/master&id=b78554342cb2344b13c17bfeaada0509cac5b51c

and for osmo-trx it's at this commit
http://git.osmocom.org/osmo-trx/commit/?id=c312905f43bb120450c33d9a80bc35771d598fc6

Not sure what dependencies you actually have there in the rest of the
osmo stack to build those two (bts/trx), but I can tell you that I have
built that tree and it works fine for the purposes of working and
testing the NITB.

Should you want to work on osmo-bts, you might have an issue. There are
a lot of branches there, I certainly have no idea what's going on.

I am using an N210, and IIRC, I had grave problems with the UHD from the
ettus ubuntu repo, so I cloned from githib and compiled master at the time.
my UHD is reporting UHD_003.010.git-156-g2d68f228
so it was this commit:
https://github.com/EttusResearch/uhd/commit/2d68f228

In case (I really don't think so) it has some impact, all this happens
to be on a stock Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS,
3.13.0-85-generic #129~precise1-Ubuntu SMP Fri Mar 18 17:38:08 UTC 2016
x86_64

Everything is working "perfectly" ;-)

k.