openbsc.git branch sysmocom/iu updated. 0.15.0-442-gf3bcdd2

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Mon May 9 09:49:35 UTC 2016

On Sun, May 08, 2016 at 05:13:51PM +0200, Holger Freyther wrote:
> Have you considered removing the "timeout" from the lower GSM paging code? The interface would be start, cancel and only success would be signaled? Both the MSC paging and BSC paging timeout could be fed from the same timeout value?

So the MSC tells the BSC to start and stop paging, such that the T3113 is in
the MSC? I'd expect the network design to be intended otherwise, to reduce the
amount of work towards the CN (handle as many details as possible in BSC).

And we want a way that works both with 2G and 3G. Can we tell an RNC to start
and cancel paging? Not that I know of ...?

Another thing: I guess that osmo-bsc should not change behavior with respect to
3rd party MSCs, right?

> top-up? refill? resume paging?

/me favors 'resume_paging'
but whether we should spend time changing that is on another page.

~Neels

--
- Neels Hofmeyr <nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de>          http://www.sysmocom.de/
* Alt-Moabit 93