Gerrit and which project to migrate first?

Holger Freyther holger at freyther.de
Wed May 4 18:22:54 UTC 2016

> On 04 May 2016, at 12:15, Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Holger,

> works for me. it can probably be extended to group/* for the
> fairwaves/sysmocom branches, once there are groups defined with the
> respective developers?  I think it is fair to simply rename the current
> branches when doing the import.

If you go to Projects -> All Projects and then to the "Access" (ACL) you see which bits we can set. Yes, we can easily introduce group/*. The ACL is in the end a text file that is managed with git as well.

Yes, but we can keep the old branches around? What is the benefit of renaming (if something points to it?)

>> For a transition period we can continue to allow to push directly into
>> gerrit as well.
>
> Not sure if this has any risks?

no risk. Maybe the easiest to get used to the system without having to wait for the review.

> So my proposal would be to do all the projects below in one go:
> * libosmocore.git
> * libosmo-abis.git
> * libosmo-netif.git
> * libsmpp34.git
> * openbsc.git
> * osmo-bts.git
> * osmo-iuh.git
> * osmo-pcu.git
>
>> * Which projects to migrate when
>
> see above for my initial proposal

Okay. Switch by next Monday or is that too quick?

>> * Additional build jobs (with docker). Decision if we
>
> if we?

good point. It got late yesterday. Decision if we run tests on more nodes and if one needs to be in a "trusted" group to benefit from the jenkins integration. But we will have a dedicated build machine anyway.. so if it is abused... harm will be limited.

holger