Gerrit and which project to migrate first?

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed May 4 10:15:37 UTC 2016

Hi Holger,

thanks for getting this started.

On Wed, May 04, 2016 at 12:08:56AM +0200, Holger Freyther wrote:
> There is a complex set of rules for ACLs. In terms of user branches it
> will be the easiest if they are located at "user/*" instead of our
> current "*" scheme.

works for me. it can probably be extended to group/* for the
fairwaves/sysmocom branches, once there are groups defined with the
respective developers?  I think it is fair to simply rename the current
branches when doing the import.

> For a transition period we can continue to allow to push directly into
> gerrit as well.

Not sure if this has any risks?

> https://gerrit.osmocom.org/login, sign-in with your OpenID provider.
> And then set a username (this will be used for the git log-in).
> Register additional email addresses and install your ssh key.

thanks, worked for me.

> We need to pick some projects to start with. I would propose to start
> with libosmocore and OpenBSC or one of the two.

I would say let's do it for all the libraries and openbsc.git at the
same time.  Often, our changes affect libosmocore and -abis, and it
would be odd to submit some changes one way, and some the other way. We
might also use it for osmo-bts and osmo-pcu at the same time, for the
same reason.

I'm more in favor of a "transition once, even if it causes fall out"
than a "transition slowly with changes every week/month" approach.

So my proposal would be to do all the projects below in one go:
* libosmocore.git
* libosmo-abis.git
* libosmo-netif.git
* libsmpp34.git
* openbsc.git
* osmo-bts.git
* osmo-iuh.git
* osmo-pcu.git

> * Which projects to migrate when

see above for my initial proposal

> * Additional build jobs (with docker). Decision if we

if we?