openbsc.git branch sysmocom/iu updated. 0.15.0-442-gf3bcdd2

Holger Freyther holger at freyther.de
Wed May 4 12:37:26 UTC 2016

> On 04 May 2016, at 14:01, gitosis at osmocom.org wrote:

Hi

>    msc subscr: add paging timeout
>
>    In NITB, the paging timeout would be handled from the BSC side. In IuCS, we
>    need to invalidate the paging request from libmsc alone, so add a paging timer
>    to gsm_subscriber.
>
>    Possibly, the HNB-GW should respond with a paging failure and libmsc could
>    trigger on that, nevertheless libmsc should not rely on a failure message to
>    expire pending pagings.

I don't think this belongs into the gsm_subscriber. If you compare this with the architectural change that removed the "subscriber queue" we are going to repeat the same mistake again. The timeout belongs into the logical "operation" and not the subscriber (the object of the logical operation).

cheers
	holger