iphone backdoor?

Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras ralph at schmid.xxx
Wed Jun 22 10:02:59 UTC 2016

I have seen such messages with BlackBerries, trying to send a silent message to some shortcut phone number, like 73456. Even a SIM can do this via SIM toolkit.

On an OpenBTS demonstration in a place without any commercial coverage two subscribers started hammering onto my system, frantically trying to send something to the same German cellphone number. Guess it had to do with the quite expensive cars on the parking lot, seems two of them panicked and wanted to call for help, assuming that the strange MCC/MNC could mean being stolen :-)

Ralph.