multitrx with osmotrx

Keith keith at rhizomatica.org
Thu Jun 16 15:28:51 UTC 2016

On 16/06/2016 16:00, Max wrote:
> Hi.
Hi Max.

> I've noticed check for device type around
> Transceiver52M/UHDDevice.cpp:772 - seems like USRP B200 is not supported
> for multitrx configurations:
> sudo chrt 20 ./Transceiver52M/osmo-trx -c 2
> sudo chrt 15 ./src/osmo-bts-trx/osmo-bts-trx -c
> ~/.config/osmocom/osmo-bts-trx.cfg -i 192.168.122.1 -t 2
I'm sure Alexander will chime in and confirm, but I'm fairly sure that
-c is only for Fairwaves hardware
> Where does this limitation comes from? Is it just smth which is not
> implemented (yet) or it's impossible to implement due to X and Y?

I have a feeling that the answer here will be that "multiple TRX is only
supported on the UmTRX", however, this sparked a memory and a query:

In the distant past Thomas worked on a multiARFCN implementation and I
kind of remember a suggestion that this could work on a USRP, although
the practical problems with RF amplification made it probably not
feasable, or economically viable.
https://github.com/ttsou/openbts-multi-arfcn show's updates > 4 years ago.
I'm not sure if any of this made it into the Transceiver for osmo-trx
I'd love to know.

Keith.