Hardware question

Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras ralph at schmid.xxx
Tue Jan 26 11:51:16 UTC 2016

Hi,

My intention is setting up a small dedicated box with a PC and some RF
hardware for GSM1800. The usage will be mainly SMS and EDGE.

Is it still recommended using something like a nanoBTS, with the nitb setup?
These are relative cheap, professionally designed. UmTRX looks great, but it
is above the financial limit.

It will be an experimental setup, but more for demonstrational purpose, so I
love the idea of some nice looking plug and play box. It is not intended to
extend it, no hand over, no roaming stuff, no interconnection other than IP
and maybe SIP.

For testing still I have my B210 and a BladeRF, but I do not want to waste
such a versatile SDR for some stupid test BTS stuff :)

Thanks for any input!

Ralph.

--

Ralph A. Schmid