GSM demo licenses in Germany?

Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras ralph at schmid.xxx
Tue Jan 26 09:41:11 UTC 2016

Hi,

As there are some German GSM experimenters here, what happened to your demo
licenses after the DECT guard band frequencies had been auctioned away to
AFAIR Vodafone? What a stupid idea, they did not listen to the technicians
and just had the $$$ signs in their eyes :(

I got a reminder last week, my license would expire soon, and if I would
like to renew it. So I answered intentionally unknowingly "yes, please do
so". Let's see what they will do now :) The second possibility would be
asking the management of a German provider if they would lend me one of
their unused guard channels. Although I see there chances I really would
hate pulling this wire...

Ralph.