sysmocom/iu: your commits from today

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Thu Feb 18 22:45:44 UTC 2016

Moin Daniel :)

(1)
About ebd4d820b3b0d7ba5db3b25a14f407d0c7276044
"libiu: Use custom setupormodifieditemies function"

It seems you forgot to commit the actual function definition of
  ranap_decode_rab_setupormodifieditemies_fromlist()
I got the caller of it only and thus can't compile as-is.

(2)
About 38e2f1bca4e43414ed39a938d7c5d8bafe5e8533
"
    Revert "iu.c: avoid warning by declaring ranap_free_rab_setupormodifieditemies()"

    There should be no need to silence this warning, the ranap_free_*
    functions are declared in libranap headers. In any case this will only
    obscure any real issue. Maybe osmo-iuh was not rebuilt completely
    (including generation of the c files from the python script).

    This reverts commit 05ae5b1245f95bf765b42e49af7b2596e013f0a0.
"

I declared ranap_free_rab_setupormodifieditemies() like that because it is
indeed not declared in a header that is installed. Also a grep tells me
that no ranap_free_* is found in any osmo-iuh header file at all.
I also did a 'make regen' in osmo-iuh/src/ to no avail.
By 'libranap headers' I assume you mean libosmo-ranap, or is there a
libranap I'm not aware of yet?

If the ranap_free_* aren't in headers yet, I agree that they should be. I
wanted to silence the warning without being sucked down the rabbit hole of
autogenerated asn1 stuff. Any suggestions: more than welcome.

(3)
In general, I would welcome to see more of your WIP work in publicly
visible private branches, maturing as you go and merged to sysmocom/iu
once ready. For one, having a backup of your work-in-progress in the git
repos makes it harder to lose it due to hardware failure. More important
for me though is that I can see what you're up to, e.g. I could possibly
find the ranap_..._fromlist() function defintion now. It's of course
opening up your "most private" code developments to the outside world,
possibly some stupid commits will be seen by one or two hacker peers, but
I think it's a healthy premise that we all commit mostly bollocks and all
needs refinement anyway... once again: push it! :)

    Ah, push it
    Push it good
    Ah, push it
    Pu-Push it real good
      -- Salt N Pepa (1987)

As always I'm open to opinions and suggestions...

~Neels

--
- Neels Hofmeyr <nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de>          http://www.sysmocom.de/
* Alt-Moabit 93