RFC: OsmoDevCon 2017 planning

Shaddi Hasan shaddih at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 06:43:00 UTC 2016

Hi all,

First, I think it's great you're considering doing this Harald. It's
been exciting to see the user community develop around Osmocom
projects, and I would be very interested in attending an in-person
gathering.

My $0.02 on splitting. I think the premise makes sense, given the very
different focuses of the two groups, but I'd encourage if possible not
doing parallel tracks. In my experience with other conferences,
parallel tracks wind up forcing participants who are interested in
both to make difficult decisions, leading to people missing out on
things. Doing a temporal split (day 1/2 or morning/afternoon) would be
my preference, but of course you and the other developers would be
bearing the brunt of the time burden!

At risk of bikeshedding, how about "OsmoCon" as a name for the entire
event, with OsmoDevCon remaining the usual developer-only portion?

Thanks,
Shaddi