certificate expiration

Holger Freyther holger at freyther.de
Mon Aug 1 12:29:07 UTC 2016

> On 01 Aug 2016, at 13:22, Max <msuraev at sysmocom.de> wrote:
>
> Hi.
>
> A little heads-up - I've noticed that certificate on gerrit server has
> expired:
>
> gerrit.osmocom.org uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate
> expired on 08/01/2016 12:24 PM. The current time is 08/01/2016 12:33 PM.

letsencrypt.sh should have renewed the certificates but it did not leading to the expiration. I have updated that script and ran by hand and it worked now(tm). Gerrit/Java had some issues trusting the new certificate. I was lazy and imported the fullchain of our then used cert but it looks like keytool only imported the first certificate it saw. It seems to be okay now.

thank you for the report. I will look into adding monitoring to check the expiration is at least 30 days ahead.

	holger