Using Gerrit for libosmocore/lib../OpenBSC?

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sat Nov 28 18:09:03 UTC 2015

I have never really looked at gerrit in detail, but if my understanding
is correct, it requires the use of a web-based interface?

I really hate web-based intefaces, as they require an online connection.
The way how I read and process e-mails is store-and-forward, and I often
work on them while I'm offline (in a plane, on a train, ...)

It's not that I'm not particularly known for doing most of the review in
recent years, but I would consider a move to mandatory use such tools as
somewhat of a step of "alienation" between the project and me.  It's not
that the number of submissions we're getting (at least so far) is _that_
lage that it's so easy to loose track of them.

Rather, there are contribuions that are not merged as
a) there's not sufficient time for senior project members like Holger or
   me to review, or
b) the original submitter is not followin up (quickly) adressing changes
   by the maintainer(s), or
c) code that exists in some branches which is never submitted to the
   list in the first place

I don't expect any tools to help with the issues above :/