Using GPRS

Sipos Csaba sipos.csaba at kvk.uni-obuda.hu
Fri Jul 24 18:26:37 UTC 2015

Hi Omar,

I am trying to do the same thing for a while, but I am not succeeded yet.

The hardest is to find the right branch of every piece of software.

The wiki is quite outdated, and no USRP related man page was ever created. The jolly branches are also quite old, a lot of development happened, so I would not suggest to use them.

Tom suggested to me that I should try fairwaves/master branch of OpenBSC, Osmo-BTS and Osmo-TRX (pretty much everything that has a fairwaves/master branch) to use with USRP devices. I also have a B200 by the way.

With this at least I was able to build a fairly recent version that starts up and actually transmits, I think the PCU was not able to talk with the SGSN (which is part of OpenBSC), so probably I need some more fine tuning.

There was a UHD driver problem a few months back, so the UHD driver version is also important. This problem affected OpenBTS, I don't know what is the recommended UHD version, maybe Tom will come in and advise us something.

Just to notify the list, I am more than happy to create a new Wiki page in the minute I find a working configuration.

At least I am not alone with this anymore :-)

Regards,
Csaba