Using GPRS

OMAR RAMADAN omar.ramadan at berkeley.edu
Fri Jul 24 18:12:28 UTC 2015

Hi list,

I've installed omsocom for the first time on a USRP B200 and I'm interested
in trying out the GPRS stack. I've followed a few pages on the wiki, namely
http://openbsc.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/network_from_scratch and
http://openbsc.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/OpenBSC_GPRS to get set up and I am
not sure how up to date these tutorials are. I have calls working via the
LCR, but I cannot get GPRS functioning. I see no activity on the BSC log
when attempting GPRS attach using APN openbsc. I also see no traffic
between the SGSN and the BSC (listening with tshark on 127.0.0.1:23000).
Any help is appreciated.

I am currently using osmo-trx/master, osmo-bsc/jolly/testing,
libosmo-abis/jolly/multi-trx, omso-bts/jolly/trx, openggsn/master, and
osmo-pcu/master.

Best,
Omar