OpenBSC on CalypsoBTS without voice

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sun Dec 6 12:14:53 UTC 2015

Hi Vadim,

first of all, CalypsoBTS is not an active / maintained / stable solution
but more lik an (mindbogglingly amazing!) Hack.

On Sat, Dec 05, 2015 at 06:32:45PM +0600, Вадим Яницкий wrote:
> When I use jolly/multi-trx branch of libosmo-abis, jolly/testing branch of
> OpenBSC and jolly/trx branch of OsmoBTS my network works very unstable.

I'm sorry to say that none of the branches you refer to are maintained
by anyone at this point.  It would be great if somebody interested in
that code (i.e. using it) could forward-port it onto current master.
Now tat l1sap and osmo-bts-trx is in osmo-bts master, this should be
relatively straight forward.

It's really sad for us to see that people are continuing to use
old/outdated non-master, rather than rebasing + submitting their changes
for inclusion.  It always makes me tempte to remove some of those
branches from the repo, ort at least rename them to something like
'outdated'.

As you are the first person to report using the code to this list for
quite some time, it would be great if you had some time to re-base, test
and submit it.