OsmoTRX on Parallella.

Andrew Back andrew at carrierdetect.com
Mon Mar 31 15:06:45 UTC 2014

I wrote a blog post about running Osmocom on Parallella, with UmTRX:

  http://www.rs-online.com/designspark/electronics/eng/blog/building-a-gsm-base-station-with-parallella-and-umtrx

Just using the dual-core ARM in the Zynq, so nothing
surprising/interesting to this list and it's more of just an intro.

However, I'm curious as to opportunities for improving the performance
by offloading parts of the transceiver to the Epiphany chip. Does
anyone have any views on how practical this might be, effort involved
and potential gains etc?

Cheers,

Andrew

--