Need help with configuration of Timeslots and of multible USRPs

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 09:21:28 UTC 2014

Hi Norbert,

08 июля 2014 г. 16:34 пользователь "Norbert Englberger" <
Norbert.Englberger at unibw.de> написал:

> Hello again,
>
> Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
>
> > it is not a question of BTS but the BSC. The role of the BSC is to
manage
> the
> > channels. Inside src/libbsc/gsm_04_08_utils.c you will see a table that
> > determines how the BSC/NITB will respond to "channel request" inside the
> > RACH request by the phone.
> >
> > E.g. if you change get_ctype_by_chreq to always return LCHAN_SDCCH you
> > should be close to the behavior you have described.
> >

> First off all: Thank you for your fast response.
>
> I was hoping that it would be enough to change the settings in the
> open-bsc.cfg and I wouldn't have to temper the source code, as I said, I'm
> new to all the GSM stuff and Linux.

Just for the sake of full understanding, what you're asking for is called
"Late Assignment". Check the specs for the exact details or Wikipedia for a
brief explanation:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Um_interface#Mobile-Originating_Call_.28MOC.29_establishment

I don't have the code near me at the moment, but this might be implemented
in the "jolly" branch.

Please excuse typos. Written with a touchscreen keyboard.

Alexander Chemeris
CEO Fairwaves, Inc.
https://fairwaves.co