RF power problems with current master of osmo-trx

Tom Tsou tom at tsou.cc
Mon Jan 27 01:52:02 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 4:12 PM, Alexander Chemeris
<alexander.chemeris at gmail.com> wrote:
> For TRX1 there are no idle bursts and there should be no transmission
> if there is no data sent. I can't check this right now, but I'm pretty
> sure that at least some time ago osmo-trx respected this behavior and
> didn't transmit on TRX1 until it gets something to transmit.

Burst selection at a particular time works in the following order of priority.

1. Slot is disabled with channel combination set to NONE (default)
1. Burst exists in priority queue for the current time.
2. Filler table entry is used

This ordering has never changed.

What you are probably thinking of is the multi-ARFCN branch and
derived code, which explicitly separated the beacon carrying channel.
In that codebase, retransmissions were limited to the C0 TRX and the
filler table on non-C0 channels was loaded with zeros. Osmo-TRX does
not make this distinction and treats both channels are possible C0
beacons.

I agree that Independent channel configuration of the filler table is
the correct approach.

 -TT