RF power problems with current master of osmo-trx

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 21:12:45 UTC 2014

Hi Thomas,

On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 8:35 PM, Tom Tsou <tom at tsou.cc> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 9:32 AM, Andreas Eversberg <andreas at eversberg.eu> wrote:
>> i have just tried your patch. i still get RF power on second TRX.
>> osmobts-trx configures all 8 channels (SETSLOT to TCH/F), but does not send
>> any burst data (TRX 1) to osmo-trx.
>
> Yes, that is expected behavior. There will be power output as long as
> the slot is enabled. Right now the only way to turn off transmission
> is to disable the slot.

This is an incorrect behavior for TRX1, unlike TRX0.

For TRX1 there are no idle bursts and there should be no transmission
if there is no data sent. I can't check this right now, but I'm pretty
sure that at least some time ago osmo-trx respected this behavior and
didn't transmit on TRX1 until it gets something to transmit.

I would appreciate if you confirm that the current code still respects
this and if you make filler table optional for TRX0 as well.

Alexander Chemeris.
CEO, Fairwaves LLC / ООО УмРадио
http://fairwaves.ru