GPRS, EDGE support

Tom Tsou tom at tsou.cc
Wed Jan 29 08:20:56 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 2:23 AM, Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras
<ralph at schmid.xxx> wrote:
> Of course, this is true, but do not forget the strong signals that come
> backwards, from
> other transmitters at a populated antenna site. Those can do nasty things in
> the PAs,
> so some filters and isolators can hardly be eliminated. A high power
> wideband system
> out in the wild is another beast than hooked to your lab setup.

I don't think myself or anyone else was ever implying that *all* front
end filtering should be eliminated. Surely, if one is operating a high
power transmitter at a populated side, then appropriate precautions
would be in order. We've drifted very far off-topic at this point. I
have nothing else to add.

  -TT