how gprs is called in openbsc, where to find the libgtb?

Dai H. Tran dai.tran at khu.ac.kr
Mon Sep 23 05:56:24 UTC 2013

Hello everyone,

I just recently learn about openbsc, and still in the phase of
compiling and try to run the osmo-nitb app.

1st problem
The problem is one of my teammate said the osmo-nitb will also started/call
the osmo-sgsn program, but after examine the code, I still don't know how
the
osmo-sgsn is called from osmp-nitb, may be I was wrong, anyone can help me
with this, how can I activate osmo-sgsn from osmo-nitb, with extra
arguments?

2nd problem
Another question, when I try to compile osmo-sgsn, the gtp lib is missing,
as define in the makefile:

*if HAVE_LIBGTP*
*bin_PROGRAMS = osmo-gbproxy osmo-sgsn*
*else*
*bin_PROGRAMS = osmo-gbproxy*
*endif*

I don't know where to get this lib, so I modified by adding osmo-sgsn to
the *else clause* as-well to have osmo-sgsn compiled. I still can run
osmo-sgsn, but it show error about the gtp socket, i think the
configuration is not correct, but not because of missing gtp lib, should
this be a problem?

Best regards,
Dai