Mixed TCH/F and TCH/H issues

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 11:28:03 UTC 2013

On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 6:39 PM, Andreas Eversberg <andreas at eversberg.eu> wrote:
> Alexander Chemeris wrote:
>>
>> We could try that, but I think the issue is elsewhere, as everything
>> works in single-trx mode.
>
> dual-trx seems to be the issue. i would like to try that out. the problem is
> that i have two umtrx, one has bad reception, but dual trx work (the first
> one you sent me), the second umtrx works good, but there is no rx/tx on
> second trx (second transceiver keeps cold).

The second case is weird, since we test both channels at the fab.
You're sure that you're using the latest stable firmware, latest
UHD-Fairwaves and osmo-trx with "umtrx_dual_test" branch?

Have you tried to check the second channel with GnuRadio or
rx_samples_to_file or tx_waveforms console utils? If this doesn't work
- send it to us for repair. May be something was damaged during
transportation.

> you offered me to repair the umtrx. i would like to send back the first
> umtrx, so you can check it. i could also send you both umtrx for a check.
> can you provide shipping address?

I will send in a separate e-mail.

Alexander Chemeris.
CEO, Fairwaves LLC / ООО УмРадио