GPRS roaming

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 12:11:28 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 1:00 PM, Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org> wrote:
> Linking a regular expression matching library seems excessive and an additional dependency
> for no good reason. Feel free to implement a simple prefix match, possibly by reusing code
> from the smpp route matching.

Ok. Thanks for the suggestion.

> Also, rather than that a real async hlr interface is needed. There are many areas where
> contributions are welcome. So far I yet have to see anyone else making any reasonably sized
> contribution to the sgsn. This always makes me sad. Not even the past and current llc
> sequence number / tlli problems which should have been visible to any user seem to have
> encouraged much in terms of submitting fixes :/

Well, that's not surprising, given the (low) number of users of
OpenBSC in general and (negligible) number of people willing to have
GPRS. As I said, we need to do more work on making Osmocom more
visible and increasing community. So far Osmocom is far behind OpenBTS
in terms of visibility, community size, number of paying clients, etc.
You may disagree, but IMHO the way to improve situatioin is to have
support for cheaper hardware (hello SDR) and easy to use support for
SIP.

Alexander Chemeris.
CEO, Fairwaves LLC / ООО УмРадио
http://fairwaves.ru