7bit changes to libosmocore

Andreas Eversberg andreas at eversberg.eu
Sun Jul 7 12:41:50 UTC 2013

hi holger,
>    * We introduce a new API function that will handle the specifics of
>      the USSD packing (last 7bit unused, last 7bit <CR>). The signature
>      could be:
>
> int gsm_7bit_encode_ussd(uint8_t *result, const char *data, int *octets_written);
> int gsm_7bit_decode_ussd(char *decoded, const uint8_t *user_data, uint8_t length);

i just pushed a branch (jolly/7bit_ussd) i was working on the last
hours. it is quite exactly what you prosed.
>    * Add a testcase for the above (e.g. '1234567\r' should result in a
>      double \r\r).
>    * Switch the USSD code in libosmocore over

also it includes a test case. the result is similar to your proposal.

currently i pushed everything togehter without propper splitting and
commit log message. after review, i can do that.

best regards,

andreas