OsmoDevCon 2013 brainstorming

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed Jan 2 15:46:55 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jan 01, 2013 at 10:16:52PM +0100, Sylvain Munaut wrote:

> This might have some impact on logistics though since that means we
> may require significantly more space for the 'public' side that for
> the contributors only part, (and even possibly several rooms for
> workshops ?)

I don't think that's much of a problem.  Sure, it will have to be
different rooms, maybe even at a different location in Berlin.  In case
of lack of better ideas, we could consider using the large c-base main
hall for the user day, I'm quite sure it would be sufficient, size-wise.
Also, one might be able to get some room at a university.  In fact,
given that some folks at TU Berlin are using OsmocomBB and even OpenBSC
+ sysmoBTS, it might be an option to consider.

> Now what I'm not yet sure is if it's best to have dedicated
> presentation / hacking days or to have hacking sessions on specific
> topic during the general schedule.

i think splitting them from the main part of the OsmoDevCon has the
advantage that not everyone has to be there during all the days.

> > 2) consider whether late march (like 2012) would be a good schedule
> >    again
>
> For me late march is fine.

ok, then I'll start to look for a venue that's available during that
timeframe.

> A south-east non-shielded window with visibility down to 20deg
> elevation maybe ...

heh. well, I think considering that would make the search quite more
difficult...