OpenBSC with LCR/SIP

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sat Jan 26 17:47:52 UTC 2013

Kelum Navaratne wrote:
> Im trying to get the jolly/new branch of lcr

Seriously? Come on..

> On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 1:51 PM, Andreas Eversberg <andreas at eversberg.eu> wrote:
> > in order to use sip, you need jolly/new branch of lcr

Guess if there was some activity in the repository in the last three
months?

Oh wait - this is open source, so actually you don't have to guess.
You can use the git log command to study the commit history and
IMMEDIATELY see what development has happened in the repository.

I suggest that you try that now.

If you are more ambitious then you will of course additionally read
the git-log manual, where you will find that you can use various
methods to search the repository history. You might come up with a
command like:

git log --all -i --grep=rtp

..which you can follow up with a command like:

git branch --contains insert_commit_id_here

..to learn which branches contain the most interesting commits.

I advise you to study git, so that you will be able to use source
code managed in git repositories. If you don't know the tools then
you're very limited, and the OpenBSC community is obviously the wrong
place for git training. There are plenty of resources online. I
recommend studying the free-as-in-beer book called Pro Git.
Ask google.com about it.

//Peter